Insurance Claim

When a storm hits your neighborhood and you get hail and high winds. It may be a good time for you to turn to your insurance to help you pay for the damages. We encourage that you have us come out first so you don’t file a claim when one is not needed.

We have been working with insurance companies and homeowners for over 12 years. We will get you everything you deserve and make sure your home is repaired correctly.

When reporting a claim, please have this information available:

  • Your name, address and phone number
  • Your Insurance policy number
  • The date and time your loss happened
  • A brief description of what happened

A couple things to think about when filing a home property claim is:

1. What is your deducible?

Depending on your policy you may have a deducible of $500 to 1% of your home value.

What is a deductible? It is money that is pulled out of the total net claim that you are responsible to pay to the contractor doing the work.

If you live in Colorado, Starting on 06/06/2012, Governor Hickenlooper signed the bill SB-38 requiring homeowners to pay the deductible. (Stay informed on SB-38 reading this.)

2. Do you have an ACV or RCV Policy?

*ACV or Actual Cash Value policy is where the insurance will keep the depreciation.
*RCV or Replacement Cost Value policy is where you get to recover the depreciation.

We get a big hail storm and you turn to you insurance to pay for the damages. They say the roof is damaged and will cost $10,000.00 RCV in damages. They will then remove the amount of the deductible, let’s say it is $1,000.00. Next the insurance deducts $4,000.00 in depreciation from the $9,000.00. They then will issue a payment to you of $5,000.00.

If you have an ACV policy you will be paid the $5,000.00 but will not be able to recover the depreciation amount of $4,000.00

If you have an RCV policy you will be able to recover all the amount of $9,000.00 in two different checks, after showing proof of the work being completed.

If you feel that you may be in need please call us and we will get you taken care of!

Listed below are the 11 most common Insurance Company’s Claims Department contact information for you to file your claim.